Photobucket

4/01/2010

Celebrity Scoop: Emily Procter

Celebrity Scoop: Emily Procter


By Kate O'Hare, Zap2It | March 31, 2010

Usually prim and pretty, Emily Procter of CBS' Monday hit "CSI: Miami"
(also seen on A&E Network in repeats) is sitting in the show's
makeup trailer, covered in dirt, grime and ashes -- and that suits her
fine.



"Fire in the hole!" she says. "This is my favorite kind of stuff to do.
I ask all year long for this, and then they give me one or two. That's
all I get."



For the episode, currently set for mid-April, Procter's character, CSI
Calleigh Duquesne, is caught in a fire, aggravating a lung condition
from an earlier severe case of smoke inhalation. She has an out-of-body
experience while unconscious, which helps her solve the previous crime.



On this day, she is shooting a scene in a burning house, fighting
through wreckage and dodging jets of flame. Her stunt double does all
the dangerous stuff, but Procter also does her share.



"I feel like the show should have more action," she says. "I'm the only
one in the cast who runs and guns. I'm not going to let the boys do it
all the time."



But lest you think she's just a tomboy, Procter rehabs houses and collects antiques. She also enjoys a spot of tea.



"The only milk-and-sugar tea I do is English breakfast," she says. "I
wish that you would go to London and have a proper tea at Brown's.
That's where you want to go, but you have to make your reservation way
in advance, because they have the best tea sandwiches, the best tea.



"My best spots here have been the Beverly Wilshire Hotel (in Beverly
Hills) and the London (in West Hollywood). I think I prefer the Beverly
Wilshire. But nothing beats high tea at Brown's in London. It's
incredible.



"That may be a glitch in Los Angeles, that it's so male-heavy. We don't have enough girly stuff. It's all about the boys."

No comments:

Post a Comment