Photobucket

3/04/2011

Parade Magazine: Emily Procter in No Rush to Lose Baby Weight

In these exclusive extras from PARADE's March 6 cover story, CSI: Miami's Emily Procter talks about filming her hit show while pregnant and gives the scoop on the baby shower her co-stars threw for her.




ON FILMING CSI: MIAMIWHILE PREGNANT
“Initially they told me they were not going to write the pregnancy into the story, and I thought, ‘Oh, this is a mistake.’ And then it turned out to be a blessing. I couldn’t go on location—I had to be in the lab so they could hide me. The camera got higher and higher as I got wider and wider. It hit the ceiling at one point, and I said, ‘That should make me look thin.’”

ON THE BABY SHOWER HER COLLEAGUES THREW FOR HER
“A lot of the guys on the crew came, and it was so sweet to see these giant, tanned, callused, awesome men hand me a diaper bag or a blanket. Before you’re a mom you don’t know what gear is going to be relevant, and I’m amazed at the relevance of the gear these men gave me. They were like, ‘You’re gonna need this pacifier.’ Eva La Rue gave me a blanket and cardigan that has been Pippa’s good outfit for when she goes to the doctor. I didn’t realize I was going to go through four blankets a day.

“David [Caruso] was very sweet, and Adam [Rodriguez] and Rex [Linn] called me. It’s the perfect time for me to have a baby on the show. I have relationships with everybody so I’m able to bring her into an environment that’s very comforting.”


ON BEING BACK ON THE SET
“I loved seeing everybody that I work with. It felt very liberating to be in my normal routine again. But at the same time, there was an episode when I had to shoot a compound bow, which I’ve done before. This time I was worried about getting back and feeding the baby—she was supposed to nurse and I had timed it so carefully. [Instead of practicing] I was like, ‘Just let me shoot it, I swear I’ve got it!’ and I hit it right on target. Having a crying baby is inspiration to get the job done quickly.”

ON LOSING THE BABY WEIGHT IN HOLLYWOOD
“Believe me, if I were not an actor, that treadmill would not be there [in a room off the family room]. It’s a reality that in this business there’s an expectation of being thin. But having a baby is a reality too, and it’s more important for me to make milk than to fit into those tiny pants. So that’s just going to have to wait.”


Check out the full interview in the Sunday, March 6, issue of PARADE, available in your Sunday newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment